Thursday 25 December 2014

It's Crazy How Things Change

Hello everyone,  

 First thing i want to say is, i hope you have had an amazing christmas!

For me things have changed massively within the past couple of years. The biggest thing was family changes and moving houses (which we are thinking of doing again). I find myself looking through old photos and think about I - as a person- have changed. For example, a when i was in Year 7 my hair was just touching my shoulders and was really brown. Now its longer and more blonde towards the end -purely from the highlights I've had in.

Another thing I've noticed that has changed within myself is my makeup skills. Now In all honesty i do think that i have gotten considerably better with applying smokey eyes, eyeliner and things like that. Before i had no idea on what each thing was for and what it was supposed to do. Now I've learnt (from countless times at makeup counters and watching a lot of YouTube videos) how to apply things. 

Friends have been a huge part of changing within the years. Im sure she won't mind me saying or mentioning this as she has already mentioned this story on her blog. Before i mention the story, i would just like to say that over time we have became friends again. Now she is someone that i can count on and she is someone who i can talk to at whatever time of the day and she will give me advice. 

Back in year 7 me and Shania from (http://bubblybabyelephants.blogspot.co.uk) were best friends. We were always over each others houses and we used to stay over one anothers house for 2-3 over the weekend, due to the fact that we lived within short walking distance of each others houses. However due to certain circumstances, we slowly stopped talking to one another. If you looked at both of us now you would never have guessed that we once never liked each other. From an outsiders point of view we both love the same things (YouTubers, One Direction, and things like that). We now get on better than we have ever done. Before, we would have spoken to each other if we have to, now we speak to each other about anything and everything. I know she is always there if i need someone to talk to and she knows that I'm always there for her whenever she needs me. 

Making new friends has also been a big change. Within the past year the friends that i started 2014 with are completely different friends as to who I'm ending 2014 with. Due to circumstances that made me change friend groups, I'm now friends with people that i never expected myself to be friends with. We are all completely different from each other but i guess thats what makes us best friends. I know they always have my back and are always there for me - as i am for them! 

I'm not saying that time changes everything - as it doesn't. But what i am saying is that, if you are feeling down or unhappy, surround yourself with people/things that make you happy. 

Maturity comes with age and time also. Just because you don't like somebody now, doesn't mean that spending time with them and being around them, won't make you change your mind and become friends with them! 

You may not see change appearing right away but take time to look back at you life and your past years and see how much either you as a person, or people around you have changed. You'll be surprised at how much can change in a year or so!


Goodbye x 

No comments:

Post a Comment